Thursday 14 August 2014

An Interview With Bleona: “I Live To Challenge Myself”


Bleona Qereti


Bleona Qereti, who is just known as Bleona to her adoring public, is the million-selling pop princess who feels the time is right for America to recognize her name as well as her fans in Albania do. Bleona has toured the world with her multimedia extravaganza since the age of 15, and is hoping that American audiences will soon come to understand what the rest of the world has already come to realize; Bleona is a SuperStar. Now it’s time for America to pay attention as well.

Bleona Qereti

We caught up with Bleona Qereti, as she took time out of her busy schedule to talk with us about her life, her career, and her future. And, yes, she does speak in all caps and exclamation points.

Bleona Qereti

******************************************

Bleona Qereti

Q: How did Bleona first come to life?

Bleona Qereti

A: I was a singer since I was 5-years-old. I joined The House of Pionieri, which is the Albanian equivalent to The Mickey Mouse Club, and I was also on my first magazine cover at the age of five.  My father was a part of the Albanian secret service and I did my first impromptu solo concert at their Christmas party at the age of nine, the band was playing and I grabbed the microphone for two hours and took over the party! It was then that I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. At that time, Albania was a suppressed, politically volatile country, so performing as a career wasn’t really seen as an option, but I wasn’t about to let anyone stop me.

Bleona Qereti

Q: How would you describe your personality?

Bleona Qereti

A: I am a diva, and I happily admit it! I’m strong and I don’t need anyone to pay my bills or take care of me. I think every woman has the right to follow her dreams, and I believe my songs have a real message of “girl power” within them. Sometimes people think I am difficult, or am too critical, and that I work things to the ground in details, but I don’t care as long as it is for the right reason. I don’t compromise.


Q: Who or what inspires you?

Bleona Qereti
  
A: Challenges. I love challenges. I live to challenge myself. There is no better way of living.

Bleona Qereti

Q: Do you have any words of wisdom for aspiring performers?

Bleona Qereti

A: Don’t let anyone else kill your dreams and tell you that “you can’t make it.” The only thing standing between yourself and your goals is your own bullshit story that you keep telling yourself of why you can’t achieve something. I believe in mind over matter, and that you can do anything you set your mind to. I set a goal for myself when I was a little girl that I wanted to be an icon in my own country, and somehow I have achieved that. Now my goal is to go global.
The only person you need to be better than is the person you were yesterday. We are all our own competition.

Bleona Qereti

Q: What does Bleona like to do when she is not out conquering the world?

Bleona Qereti

A: Trying to generate ideas to conquer the world!!!


Q: What are the most important things to you, and why?


A: Honesty and determination. Honesty is important because you need to be honest with yourself first before you can be honest with anybody else about what REALLY makes you happy. Then, being determined to achieve your happiness and never giving up, no matter what, should be the biggest goal in life.

Bleona Qereti

Q: What career would you choose if you weren’t a famous entertainer?

Bleona Qereti
  
A: Famous entertainer. There is no Plan B, Plan A has to work! I believe the second place is the first loser.

Bleona Qereti

Q: Who are your favorite artists, and why?

Bleona Qereti

A: Madonna, Beyoncé, and Justin Timberlake because when they decide to do something, they JUST DO IT RIGHT!

Bleona Qereti

Q: What else can we expect from Bleona in the near future?


Bleona Qereti


A: A chartbusting English album, and amazing visuals…

Bleona Qereti

No comments:

Post a Comment